Connecticut Mantis Products
The Eljen Mantis Series is a wastewater dispersal and disposal technology that applies clarified effluent to the native soil through a proprietary filtering process.
Eljen's CT Exclusive* Mantis Design Provides Increased Surface Area in Less Space
When your installation requires more performance in less space, the Eljen Mantis Wastewater Leaching System delivers. The unique design of the Mantis System provides a two-stage Bio-Matt™ pre-treatment process that increases the soil’s ability to accept the effluent, resulting in a superior leaching system in a smaller footprint.
How the Mantis System Works
The Eljen Mantis Series is a wastewater dispersal and disposal technology that applies clarified effluent to the native soil through a proprietary filtering process. The Mantis protects the native soil’s long term acceptance rate by keeping the biological growth off the native soils and within the Mantis units. The Mantis utilizes 3-D Mini Trenches™ to improve effluent quality, resulting in greater performance, reliability and ease of operation.
Connecticut Mantis Specifications
Eljen’s Mantis 536-8,536-8 LowPro, DW 100 and DW 58 are Connecticut-only products that offer greater design flexibility. The Mantis System can be used for gravity and pressure dosed systems.
For more Mantis Specifications, including center to center spacing and maximum dosing volume, Contact Us.
Lightweight- Easy Install
Note: The featured installation is generic and not representative of each county or local code, but is a general overview for system installation. Please consult your local regulations for proper sizing and construction requirements.
Please refer to the Design and Installation Manual for more specific installation steps.
- Excavate trench and place first layer of ASTM C33 Specified Sand
- Make sure sand is level and stabilized
- Install units by connecting the 4″ Support Distribution Pipes
- Cap the 4″ Support Distribution Pipe at the end of each row and begin feathering in Specified Sand
- Continue back filling, making sure to work the Specified Sand in between each module
- Finish back filling with the required amount of Specified Sand (refer to manual) on either side of the units and a minimum of 1″ above
- Finish by covering with top soil and seeding to protect from erosion
Connecticut Mantis Specifications Details
MANTIS 536-8 SPECIFICATIONS
Effective Leaching Area11.0 sf/lf
Size (W x L x H)36˝ x 60˝ x 18˝
MANTIS 536-8 LOWPRO SPECIFICATIONS
Effective Leaching Area6.5 sf/lf
Size (W x L x H)36˝ x 60˝ x 12˝
MANTIS DW-100 SPECIFICATIONS
Effective Leaching Area20.0 sf/lf
Size (W x L x H)72˝ x 60˝ x 18˝
MANTIS DW-58 (LOW-PROFILE) SPECIFICATIONS
Effective Leaching Area11.6 sf/lf
Size (W x L x H)72˝ x 60˝ x 12˝