Mantis 536-8 (Connecticut Only)
Eljen's CT Exclusive* Mantis Design Provides Increased Treatment Area in Less Space
- Superior rating for Pressure & Gravity systems
- Requires a much smaller installation area
- No special tools or cover fabric required
- Made in the USA from recycled materials
- Comes already assembled- factory installed distribution pipe, no drilling or cover fabric required
- No stone required
- Less site disruption or damage to landscape
- Light weight- hand carry into position
*Connecticut Only Approval
When your installation requires more performance in less space, the Eljen Mantis Wastewater Leaching System delivers. The unique design of the Mantis System provides a two-stage Bio-Matt™ pre-treatment process that increases the soil's ability to accept the effluent, resulting in a superior leaching system in a smaller footprint.
How the Mantis System Works
The Eljen Mantis Series is a wastewater dispersal and disposal technology that applies clarified effluent to the native soil through a proprietary filtering process. The Mantis protects the native soil's long term acceptance rate by keeping the biological growth off the native soils and within the Mantis units. The Mantis utilizes 3-D Mini Trenches™ to improve effluent quality, resulting in greater performance, reliability and ease of operation.
- The perforated Support Distribution Pipe is centered within the Mantis and provides internal distribution of septic tank effluent while securing the Filter Support Modules.
- The Filter Support Modules filter septic tank effluent and act as individual 3-D Mini-Trenches™ within the system's footprint. Each module consists of a cuspated core surrounded by Bio-Matt™ geotextile fabric. The Mantis' unique design increases the available surface area within each module. This is known as Infiltrative Surface Optimization (ISO) and provides a system surface area that greatly exceeds that of the Filter Support Module, a traditional gravel trench or that of gravel replacement technology.
- Open air channels within the Filter Support Modules support and promote fixed aerobic bacterial growth on the Bio-Matt™ geotextile fabric interface.
- Septic tank effluent migrates through the Filter Support Modules and into the Specified Sand layer which surrounds each Mantis unit. The Filter Support Module clarifies septic tank effluent and assists in its delivery to the Specified Sand. This process promotes unsaturated flow in the Specified Sand and native soils while maintaining the native soil's structure, long term acceptance rate, and its ability to effectively absorb the clarified effluent.
- The Specified Sand layer also protects the native soil from compaction, helps maintain existing pore spaces within the native soil column, and preserves the native soil's natural infiltration capacity which is critical for long-term performance.
Mantis 536-8 Design
Eljen's Mantis 536-8 and 536-8 LowPro are Connecticut-only products that offer greater design flexibility. The Mantis System can be used for gravity and pressure dosed systems.
For more Mantis 536-8 Specifications, click here, or for more LowPro Specifications, click here.
Basic Installation Steps
Please refer to the Design and Installation Manual for more specific installation steps.
- Excavate trench and place first layer of ASTM C33 Specified Sand
- Make sure sand is level and stabilized
- Install units by connecting the 4" Support Distribution Pipes
- Cap the 4" Support Distribution Pipe at the end of each row and begin feathering in Specified Sand
- Continue back filling, making sure to work the Specified Sand in between each module
- Finish back filling with the required amount of Specified Sand (refer to manual) on either side of the units and a minimum of 1" above
- Finish by covering with top soil and seeding to protect from erosion